A representative office in Ireland can only engage in market research and promoting the business of the parent company.
Procedure for establishing a representative office in IrelandThe Companies Act requires that where a representative office is to be established in Ireland, within one month of such establishment, the following documents must be delivered to the Companies Registration Office.
- Name and legal form of the parent company and place of incorporation.
- A list of directors and secretary of the company.
- Address of the place of business.
- A certified translated copy of the Memorandum of Association and other constitutional documents.
- The names and addresses of at least one person authorised to accept service on behalf of the company.